The autumn term starts the first Monday between August 28 and September 3 and lasts 20 weeks. The Spring term starts the Monday after autumn term and lasts 20 weeks.
Each term is divided into two periods each covering 10 weeks (15 credits). Most courses have nothing scheduled around Easter and Christmas, check the course schedule for more information.
Academic year 2023/2024
Autumn Semester 2023: August 28 to January 14
- Period 1 August 28 – October 30
- Period 2 October 31 – January 14
No scheduled activities on December 27, December 28, December 29 and all holidays.
Spring Semester 2024: January 15 to June 2
- Period 3 January 15 – March 17
- Period 4 March 18 – June 2
No scheduled activities on April 30, May 9 and all holidays.
A student who has failed an examination has the right to try again (with new questions). There is no limitation of the number of re-examinations you can do. If you have passed an examination, you cannot take it again to improve your grade. You must register for re-examinations at the Ladok before a specific date. You may also do a re-examination at the next regular examination date. If you wish to do this, you must contact the course leader in advance and ask to be registered on the course.
Reexamination periods for master programmes in biology and applied biotechnology
- For courses given Autumn 2023 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 1: 2–3 January 2024
- For courses given Period 2: 2, 3, 6 April 2024
- For courses given Spring 2023 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 3: 3 and 4 June 2024
- For courses given Period 4: 3-4 January 2025
For all courses: 19 - 24 August 2024
Reexaminations for master programmes in molecular biotechnology and bioinformatics
For most courses, re-examiniations will be provided as stated below, however courses offered several times per year may provide re-examinations at other times.
1. Re-examination period for regular courses in Period 1 is at the start of the spring semester.
2. Re-examination period for reuglar courses in Period 2 and 3 is in June.
3. Re-examination period for regular courses in Period 4 (previous year) is in Easter time.
4. Re-examination period for all courses in the academic year is in August.