The autumn term starts the first Monday between August 28 and September 3 and lasts 20 weeks. The Spring term starts the Monday after autumn term and lasts 20 weeks.
Each term is divided into two periods each covering 10 weeks (15 credits). Most courses have nothing scheduled around Easter and Christmas, check the course schedule for more information.
Autumn Semester 2019: September 2 to January 19
- Period 1 September 2 – November 3
- Period 2 November 4 – January 19
No scheduled activities on December 23, December 27, December 30 and all holidays.
Spring Semester 2020: January 20 to June 7
- Period 3 January 20 – March 22
- Period 4 March 23 – June 7
No scheduled activities on April 30, May 22 and all holidays.
A student who has failed an examination has the right to try again (with new questions). There is no limitation of the number of re-examinations you can do. If you have passed an examination, you cannot take it again to improve your grade. You must register for re-examinations at the Student Portal before a specific date. You may also do a re-examination at the next regular examination date. If you wish to do this, you must contact the course leader in advance and ask to be registered on the course.
Reexamination periods for master programmes in biology and applied biology 18/19
- For courses given Autumn 2018 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 1: 3–4 January 2019
- For courses given Period 2: 23, 24, 27 April 2019
- For courses given Spring 2018 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 3: 10–11 juni 2019
- For courses given Period 4: 3–4 januari 2019
- For all courses: 19–24 August 2019
Reexaminations for master programmes in molecular biotechnology and bioinformatics
- For courses given Autumn 2019 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 1: 16–21 december 2019
- For courses given Period 2: 8–18 June 2020
- For courses given Spring 2019 or earlier:
- For courses given Period 3: 8–18 June 2020
- For courses given Period 4: April 4, 6–9 April 2020
- For all courses: August 2020