Prerequisite and application MSc in applied biotechnology
A finished bachelor in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, medical technology/informatics, pharmacy or biophysics. Conditional admission can be granted to students that are in their last study term at the time of application and have finished at least 75% of their intended degree credits. However, the degree has to be finished in order to get a visa or by the time the programme starts depending on where you come from. See more information and instructions regarding the application procedure on our general information site for the master programmes.
- Knowledge and practical experience of laboratory experiments in biology, and molecular biology: cell biology, molecular biology and molecular genetics corresponding to approximately 20 weeks full-time studies.
- Knowledge and practical experience of laboratory experiments in chemistry: general chemistry, organic chemistry and biochemistry corresponding to approximately 20 weeks full-time studies.
- Knowledge in mathematics: algebra and analysis corresponding to approximately 10 weeks full-time studies.
- Knowledge in computer science: good proficiency in use of computer software for word and simple calculations.
Proficiency in English
Also required is proof of skills in English, by one of the following internationally recognised tests:
- TOEFL-test (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Minimum scores are mark 4.5 in the written test and a total score of 575 for the paper-based test, and mark 20 in the written test and a total score of 90 for the Internet-based test.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service). Minimum overall score 6.5 and no band lower than 5.5
- Cambridge CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English).
The language test results should reach the National Admissions Office at the same time as the rest of the documentation, i.e. no later than February 1. In the case of the TOEFL test, the results should be sent directly to University Admissions in Sweden from the test centre. The institution code is "Sweden 3477".
Follow this link for more information regarding English language requirements (e.g. English tests and exemptions).
Application no later than 15th of January.